Tokyoites are a nation that enjoys no alcohol
Someone once said that life in Tokyo is inseparable from air and water, but the air and water mentioned here do not really mean air and water, but tobacco and alcohol.
Life in Tokyo is basically inseparable from alcohol. Both office workers and young people love drinking very much. Therefore, many wine bars in Tokyo will offer 90 minutes of drinking to attract business.
If you also want to know more about the different sides of Tokyo people, you must try Tokyo's nightlife! Today's article will introduce you to a special wine shop, so that you can experience the daily life of the local Japanese.
Kurand Sake Market Features
¥3000 Experience more than 100 kinds of Japanese sake
For ordinary people, izakaya may be regarded as a high-consumption activity, because many times izakaya does not provide set menus, but only order dishes and drinks. Moreover, the unit price of each dish is very high. The price of a simple rice ball alone may be similar to that of a beef rice set.
If you like to drink, it may not be a special thing to spend ¥10,000 a night.
But at Kurand Sake Market, you can taste more than 100 different types of Japanese sake for only ¥3,000! The point is that Kurand Sake Market is not like other izakayas, where you can drink as much as you want, but you can drink until you don’t want to drink for one fee, so you don’t have to worry about spending money.
And because Kurand Sake Market also wants to do business with foreign tourists, its menus and reservation pages all have English explanations, so you don't have to worry about your poor Japanese experience affecting your izakaya experience.
Reasons why Kurand Sake Market is worth visiting
- For one fee, you can drink sake of different origins and types for unlimited time
- There are many branches, including branches in Ikebukuro, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ueno, Funabashi, Shimbashi, and Yokohama
- Bringing your own food and drink is allowed
- There are many types of sake, especially some sake that cannot be bought in department stores can also be drunk
- Free entry and exit are allowed, and there is no restriction on going out to buy food halfway
- An izakaya with mainly Japanese customers, but also welcomes foreigners, you can experience the most authentic izakaya culture
- Passengers can choose a gift package, in addition to unlimited drinks, you will also get a special sake
Kurand Sake Market branch location
Tokyo is the core business location of Kurand Sake Market, and it is difficult to find Kurand Sake Market branches in most business districts
Before departure, you only need to make an appointment to reserve a seat, so you don't have to worry about missing out!
(However, due to the impact of COVID-19, some stores will be closed due to government requirements, so it is highly recommended to make an appointment before leaving!)
Business Hours, Charges, Reservation Discounts
Evening all-you-can-drink time: ¥3000 (tax not included)
All-you-can-drink in the evening with a bottle of selected sake: ¥5000
Pre-order discounts: Kurand Sake Market Latest Booking Offers
Be careful not to miss the appointment after booking, so as not to cause inconvenience to the izakaya.
Kurand Sake Market Shinjuku Store
Monday to Friday 17:00 – 23:00
Saturday and Sunday
Lunch session: 12:00 – 16:00
Evening session: 17:00 – 23:00
Open from Monday to Sunday, all year round
Shinjuku store address
4F, Shinjuku Watasei・Tamabil, 3-9-9 Shinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo
Rules to be aware of when drinking at Kurand Sake Market
- You can bring your favorite food to the store without additional charge, but hot pot and other strong food is not suitable, it will affect the quality of wine tasting and others
- It is recommended to bring some sushi and sashimi with you, which will be more suitable for Japanese wine
- The shop will also sell some snacks with wine (“おつまみ”)
- When drinking alcohol, drink enough water at the same time, the amount is 1.5 times that of alcohol
- Free use of tableware and food heating facilities
- The store is completely non-smoking
- Do not pour wine from a glass
- Do not pour wine in front of the refrigerator where the wine is kept
- No other alcoholic beverages are allowed into the store
- Pay attention to drinking in moderation, do not drink too much, you may be asked to leave by the store manager
- Pay before entering the store, and you can start tasting Japanese sake after getting your handprint
One ticket, free ride!
[Best Deal] Tokyo Metro Pass 72 Hours Unlimited Ride
A must-have discount ticket for traveling in Tokyo!
Things to look out for before entering any izakaya
Those who are breastfeeding or under the age of 20 should not drink alcohol!
This is the Japanese law, and the reason for protecting the health of pregnant women, and not to drink too much!
More information and pictures: KURAND SAKE MARKET
More Tokyo Travel Information
Complete Guide for Traveling to Tokyo
Where to Stay in Tokyo
Recommended Places to Visit in Tokyo
Tokyo Skytree one-day tour itinerary recommendation
Tokyo Underground Shrine Metropolitan Area Waiguo Fangshui Road
One-day tour of Haode Temple to visit the Lucky Cat
All you can drink Japanese sake! Tokyo Kurand Sake Market Izakaya
Tokyo food recommendation