Come to a hotel in Hakone and enjoy the best hot springs and the highest level of ryokan service!
When traveling to Hakone, of course you can’t miss hot spring hotels!
Hakone is a hot spring town. It is not only a popular tourist attraction for tourists, but also a place that Japanese local people will definitely go to every year during their holidays! Many Japanese families will spend a sum of money to go to hot spring hotels with their families on vacation at the end of the year. Although the charge for a family to go to those high-end hot spring hotels is almost half a month’s salary, the local Japanese still go there once a year. And it will be praised: it is worth it!
Since Hakone is a traditional hot spring area, it is an exaggeration to say that you can actually see hot springs anywhere in Hakone. And because Hakone Onsen has a history of many years, you will see that many hot spring hotels have been operating in this area for many years, and many of them provide high-end hot spring experiences and private baths.
And because there are so many choices of hot spring hotels in Hakone, this article will select and recommend some accommodations that provide hot spring experience in Hakone. In addition to affordable hot spring accommodation options, there are also some top-notch options.
Whether you are on a limited budget and simply want to experience a hot spring hotel, or you want to spend your big day in a high-end hot spring hotel, enjoy a traditional, high-end Japanese hot spring hotel experience with your most important person. There are several hot spring hotels recommended below, I believe there will always be one that suits your travel plan!
In addition, in addition to hot spring hotels, Hakone actually has many attractions worth visiting! If you don't know which attractions are worth visiting in Hakone, you can refer toRecommended attractions and routes for Hakone free travel. In additionRecommendations for use with the Hakone FreepassYou can save even more transportation costs, so that you can use the saved money to buy a few more souvenirs and give them to friends at home!
Finally, if you plan to use the Hakone Freepass (2 days/3 days) to visit Hakone, after arranging the hot spring hotel, useDiscount link for pre-ordering the Hakone FreepassCoupled with klook's limited-time promotion code, you can enjoy an additional discount of at least 5%!
If your itinerary will go to Lake Kawaguchi at the same time,View hot spring hotel recommendations hereYou can enjoy two different hot spring experiences in one itinerary.
Also, if you haven’t decided on a Tokyo accommodation plan, today is for youMore than 20 hotels worth trying. From high-end rooms with Tokyo SKytree to cost-effective rooms, there will always be one that suits your travel budget!
How to choose hot spring hotels in Hakone Gora, Hakone Yumoto and other areas?
The choice of hot spring hotels in Hakone is mainly distributed in Hakone Gora and Hakone Yumoto. There are a total of 9 hot spring hotels worth considering!
If you are visiting Hakone for the first time, you will probably have the same question, that is, "When booking a Hakone hot spring hotel, should I book Hakone Gora or Hakone Yumoto?"
To put it simply, the distance between Hakone Gora and Hakone Yumoto is about 30 minutes by car. If you are starting from Tokyo and hope to stay in a hot spring hotel as soon as you arrive in Hakone, the Hakone Yumoto hot spring hotel will be more suitable for you.
But if you will visit the whole of Hakone, it will be more convenient to choose a hot spring hotel in Hakone Gora, because Hakone Gora is a transportation connection point for many scenic spots, and there will be more restaurants and shops open at night than Hakone Yumoto.
In terms of transportation connections, if you are departing from Tokyo, you only need to take the Romance Express train in Shinjuku, Tokyo. You don’t need to transfer midway, and you can go directly to Hakone Yumoto in about 75 minutes. After getting off the train, you can directly check in at the hot spring hotel. If you choose a hot spring hotel in Hakone Gora, you need to transfer from Hakone Yumoto to a mountain bus or railway, as shown in the picture below, and use the Hakone Tozan Railway to arrive at the hot spring hotel you booked.
Tip: If you don't want to take the Hakone Tozan Railway with your suitcase, you can also take advantage of theLuggage Transfer Service at Hakone Station, It only costs 2 cups of coffee to let the staff send your suitcase to the hot spring hotel you booked, very convenient!
And the point is, unlike ordinary travel, you need to spend time at the hotel to check in and store your suitcase. You only need to fill in the delivery address at the station, pay the freight, and you can start your Hakone tour immediately!
Selected Hakone Onsen Ryokans with Private Baths
As some Japanese have said, since you spend money to enjoy hot springs in Hakone, of course you should choose some high-end hot spring hotels. And it is best to stay in some hot spring hotels with private baths, and enjoy a rare hot spring tourism experience with your most important people.
The following three are hot spring hotels with traditional design and high-end services. They all have rooms with private baths that can be booked, so that you can enjoy the hot spring experience in your own exclusive space without being influenced by other people.
- Gora Kadan Onsen Hotel
- Hakone Setsugekka Onsen Hotel
- Ten Yu Inn Hakone Kowakien
And more importantly, these 3 hot spring hotels are located very close to the station, so you don't have to worry about finding them, so you can relax from start to finish.
Gora Kadan Traditional Japanese Onsen Ryokan Gora Kadan
To talk about the characteristics of Gora Kadan, we must pay attention to how they integrate traditional Japanese hotel services with modern design, and integrate the best places of the two cultures into their way of hospitality.
Features of Gora Kadan
- Take the Hakone Tozan Tram, get off at Gora Station, and walk for only 3 minutes, which is very convenient.
- Traditional Japanese hot spring hotel service, you must not miss it if you have requirements for hot spring experience.
- Some rooms are equipped with private baths, allowing you to enjoy the hot springs in your own private space.
- Carefully select seasonal ingredients to create seasonal kaiseki dishes.
- All rooms can also see the mountain view
Guest Comments: "Very nice hot spring hotel. Although it's a little expensive, it's worth it. The service attitude is also very good. I even gave a small gift when I left. Thank you very much. I will definitely come again."
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Gora Kadan Onsen
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 19:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0408 1300 Gora, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Get off at Hakone Tozan Railway Sculpture Forest Station and walk for about 5 minutes
Hakone Ki no Yu Setsugekka is definitely the first choice for family tourists, because the transportation is very convenient, only 1 minute away from the station. In addition, Hakone Ki no Yu Setsugekka is located in the center of Hakone City, so you don't have to worry about the situation that the store is closed when you need to buy something.
Features of Hakone Ki no Yu Setsugekka
- Located in the center of Hakone, the transportation is very convenient, and it is easy to go to any scenic spot in Hakone
- Very close to Gora Station, just get off at Gora Station, don't be afraid to walk for a long time
- Fully equipped, Japanese-Western room with private hot spring
- Can enjoy Japanese dinner, hot spring set meal limited experience
Guest Comments: "The Japanese room is suitable for bringing children. The location is one minute walk from the exit of Gora Station. The Japanese room is suitable for bringing babies (especially suitable for crawling or learning to walk)."
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Hakone Kitinoyu Setsugekka Onsen
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 22:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0408 1300-19 Gora, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Get off at Gora Station on the Hakone Tozan Railway and walk for about 1 minute
Hakone Kowakien Ten-yu
Xiaoyongyuan Tianyou Hotel is another hot spring hotel that provides private baths. The rooms are designed in a combination of Western and Japanese styles. In addition, each room can have an independent landscape, so that you can stay in the room to watch the beautiful scenery and spend an afternoon quietly.
Features of Tenyu Ryokan Hakone Kowakien
- The room is equipped with a private bath, allowing you to occupy your private space and enjoy the hot spring experience while enjoying the beautiful scenery.
- Ten Yu Inn Hakone KowakienThe location is away from the masses so you can enjoy your holiday in peace.
- Hakone Kowakien Tenyu Hotel has 3 large baths, one of which is an outdoor bath.
- In addition to the hot spring experience, you can also participate in traditional experience activities led by the staff in the museum.
Guest comments: "The best view and room facilities! The hot spring hotel has exclusive natural beauty, fresh air, and a private garden surrounded by woods. In addition, because all rooms are equipped with bathtubs on the balcony, you can enjoy a hot bath, While enjoying the beautiful scenery. Although the hot spring hotel is a bit far from the station, they arranged a special vehicle to pick us up, which is very convenient!"
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Ten Yu Inn Hakone Kowakien
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 22:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0407 1297 Ninoping, Hakone Town, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Get off at Gora Station on the Hakone Tozan Railway and transfer to the exclusive transportation for guests arranged by Hakone Kowakien Tenyu Hotel (clickInquire about transportation transfer methods)
8 Best Onsen Ryokans in Hakone Yumoto Station
Who is suitable for booking a hot spring hotel near Hakone-Yumoto Station? If you don't plan to visit other attractions in Hakone, but just want to enjoy the hot spring experience in Hakone, buy some souvenirs, and then return to Tokyo soon, a hot spring hotel in Hakone Yumoto is the most suitable choice for you.
Features of Hakone Yumoto Onsen Ryokan
- Suitable for family tourists, convenient transportation
- The room prices are generally more affordable, and the budget is not a problem
- Most of the hot spring hotel rooms are designed in western modern style
- The transportation linking Hakone to Shinjuku is very convenient. It takes about 1 hour to take the Romance Express to Hakone directly
- Most hot spring hotels can be reached on foot
The 8 hot spring hotels to be introduced below all have their own characteristics, some of which are suitable for family travelers, and are affordable choices. There are also some more advanced ones, which are suitable for spending with your most important people on some important festivals.
In addition, some of them are more modern in design. If you want to go to some different hot spring hotels, these are the best choices for you!
Affordable Hakone Onsen Ryokan
Affordable hot spring hotels include:Hakone Yumoto Fujiya Onsen,Hakone Yumoto Tensei Garden,Hakone Yumoto Onsen Yaeikan
Yumoto Fujiya Hotel
Features of Hakone Yumoto Fujiya Onsen Hotel
- It is very close to Hakone Yumoto Station, about 5 minutes walk from the station
- It is a cost-effective hot spring hotel in Hakone Yumoto
- As long as you return to Hakone Yumoto Station, there will be a large number of shops and restaurants, whether it is shopping or buying souvenirs, it is very convenient
- The convenience store is just 200 meters away from the hot spring hotel
- Public bathing facilities are complete, including open-air hot springs, indoor public baths, and independent soup houses
- Onsen hotel for family travel
- Breakfast is available in buffet style, Western style, and Japanese style, suitable for different tastes
Guest Comments: "The location is very good. If you come with the elderly at home, you don't have to worry about it even if it's cold, because it's very close to the station! In addition, the service attitude of the staff is very friendly. It's worth visiting again!"
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Hakone Yumoto Fujiya Onsen Hotel
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0392 256-1 Yumoto, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Take the Romance Express Train to Hakone Yumoto Station and walk for 5 minutes.
Hakone Tenseien Hotel
Features of Hakone Yumoto Tenseien Onsen Hotel
- Another hotel that can be walked from Hakone-Yumoto Station, about 12 minutes
- If you don’t want to walk there, you can also take the local circulation bus line from Hakone-Yumoto Station
- The accommodation plan can choose to provide one stay, two meals, and enjoy different Japanese and Western cuisines in a self-service style
- Hakone Yumoto Tensei GardenThere is a convenience store in the museum, so you can buy things without leaving home
- Breakfast options are Western or Japanese, suitable for everyone's taste
- The outdoor wind room has a beautiful environment, you can lie in it and watch the stars
Guest Comments: "The open-air hot spring on the top floor is definitely the reason why I booked a room immediately, because I can feel at one with nature in this hotel! It is worth mentioning that this hotel provides free bathrobes, which provide a lot of Traditional hot spring hotel experience!"
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Hakone Yumoto Tenseien Onsen Hotel
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 / 10:00
Address: 〒250-0311 682 Yumoto, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Take the Romance Express Train, arrive at Hakone Yumoto Station, then transfer to a shuttle bus to arrive at Hakone Yumoto Station
Hakoneyumoto Onsen Yaeikan
Features of Hakone Yumoto Onsen Yaeikan
- You can take an exclusive shuttle bus from Hakone-Yumoto StationHakone Yumoto Onsen Yaeikan, just 3 minutes
- If you like traditional hot spring hotels,Yaeikandefinitely worth considering
- In-room dining is optional for a ryokan experience
- Superior Japanese-style room with beautiful river view from the room
Guest comments: "If you haven't been there, you won't know how great this traditional hot spring hotel is! From food, room arrangements, to hot springs, and views, it exceeds expectations when booking a room! Moreover, the hotel staff can speak multiple languages, completely Break my impression that Japanese people only speak Japanese."
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Hakone Yumoto Onsen Hotel Yaeikan
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 19:00 / 10:00
Address: 〒250-0311 484 Yumoto, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Take the Romance Express Train, arrive at Hakone Yumoto Station and walk for 5 minutes.
High-end luxury hot spring hotel selection
High-end luxury hot spring hotel options are: Kashikaso Hakone Onsen Hotel,Sara of the moon,Suimeizhuang Hot Spring Hotel. Let you experience the most traditional Japanese hot spring hotel service, and enjoy this special vacation with your most important person in the best place!
Hakone Hotel Kajikaso
Features of Kashikaso Hakone Onsen Hotel
- Traditional high-end hot spring hotel, suitable for guests who pursue travel experience
- Some rooms have private baths, you can enjoy hot spring time at any time
- Not far from Hakone Yumoto Station, only about 10 minutes walk
- Convenient for shopping, there are plenty of shops when you return to Hakone-Yumoto Station
- You can check in from Tokyo without additional transfers, and it is suitable for travelers whose main goal is to enjoy hot springs
- Provide free Japanese yukata rental, the perfect experience of traditional Japanese inn
Guest Comments: "This is the first time I experienced a hot spring hotel with my wife. Because it is very close to the station and there are different types of shops nearby, I didn't expect her to like it very much. Especially the private bath, the privacy is very high, novices without much experience Don’t worry too much. Generally speaking, if you can make your wife happy, it’s a place worth visiting again.”
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Kashikaso Traditional Japanese Onsen Ryokan
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 18:00 / 10:00
Address: 〒250-0311 688 Yumoto, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Take the Romance Express train from Shinjuku, Tokyo to Hakone Yumoto Station and walk for 5 minutes.
Tsuki no Yado Sara Hakone Yumoto Onsen
Features of Tsuki no Yado Sara Onsen
- Sara of the moonOne of the few newly built Hakone hot spring hotels
- Combined with modern management, provide different hot spring accommodation options
- The hotel attaches great importance to guest experience, if you check in on an important day, you can make a special request in advance
- Breakfast and dinner are mainly high-end Japanese cuisine, providing you with the best hot spring hotel experience
- There are 3 baths in the hotel, and all rooms have private baths, so that you will not miss any opportunity to enjoy the hot springs
- Convenient transportation, suitable for family travel, only 11 minutes walk from Hakone-Yumoto Station
Guest Comments: "The reason for choosing Tsuki no Yado Sara is not only because it is a newly completed hotel, but also because it is very close to Hakone-Yumoto Station, because I don't plan to visit the whole of Hakone, it is just a short ride from Tokyo You can stay. In Tsuki no Yado Sara, in addition to using the large public bath, you can also enjoy a private bath with your family. It is really an unforgettable experience.”
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Tsuki no Yado Sara Hakone Yumoto Onsen Hotel
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 19:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0311 588-1 Yumoto, Hakone Town, Ashigarashita-gun, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Take the romantic express train from Tokyo to Hakone-Yumoto Station, and walk for 11 minutes after arriving
Hakone Suimeisou Hotel
Features of Suimeiso Onsen Ryokan
- The rooms are mainly traditional Japanese-style rooms, and you must not miss it if you love Japanese rooms
- Some rooms are equipped with private baths, allowing you to enjoy hot springs in the highest degree of privacy
- Very close to Hakone-Yumoto Station, just 2 minutes on foot
- Suitable for family travel, even if you bring children with you, there is no problem
Guest Comments: "Suimeizhuang is a hot spring hotel that deserves to be known by more people! In addition to the friendly staff, the hot springs are also very high-quality, and the dinners are also very rich. For me who went to enjoy the hot springs for the first time, it was a must. Very good experience!"
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Reserve Suimeiso Premium Onsen Ryokan
Check-In/Check-Out: 14:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0311 702 Yumoto, Hakone Town, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Take the Romance Express Train from Tokyo to Hakone-Yumoto Station and walk for 1 minute
Hot spring hotel with modern design style
Who said that hot spring hotels must follow the traditional style? In fact, the new modern design is the same and many people support it, just like the two hot spring hotels to be introduced below as examples,Laforet Club Hakone Gora Yunosum Laforet Club Hakone Gora Yunosumika,Hotel Indigo Hakone Gora, the location of the hotel is near Gora Station. If you are traveling to Hakone and plan to visit different attractions in Hakone in addition to experiencing hot springs, these two are good choices for you.
It is very convenient to go to Hakone Gora Park, Sculpture Forest Art Museum, and Hakone Art Museum from these two hotels. Coupled with the modern design style of the hotel, you can get the experience of literary youth x traditional hot spring hotel.
Laforet Club Hakone Gora Yunosum Laforet Club Hakone Gora Yunosumika
Laforet Club is one of the members of large Japanese hotel brands. Its sister brands include Marroitt and Coutryard, which are the brand names of some famous 5-star hotels. It also means stayingLaforet Club Hakone Gora YunosumikaIt can guarantee the highest level of accommodation experience, so that you can enjoy the most perfect vacation.
Features of La Frey Club Hakone Gora Yunotsu
- The hotel is designed in a modern style, suitable for staying on important anniversaries
- The room area ranges from 35㎡ to 86㎡, which is absolutely suitable for couples or family travelers
- All rooms have a private bath
- In addition to private baths, the hotel also has open-air baths to experience
- Breakfast and dinner are mixed in Japanese and Western styles, it is definitely worth booking at the same time when booking the room
Guest Review: "FavoriteLaforet Club Hakone Gora YunosumikaThe good thing is that the rooms are very large, and the combination of Japanese/Western style makes people feel very comfortable. The English level of the staff is very good, breaking the imagination of Japanese people who do not speak English. In addition, the quality of food is at the level of traditional hot spring hotels. if you want to be rightLaforet Club Hakone Gora YunosumikaIt's a pity that I didn't book a few more nights to stay! "
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Reservation La Frey Club Hakone Gora Yunosu
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 19:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0408 1320 Gora, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: From Tokyo, take the Romance Express to Hakone Yumoto Station, then transfer to Hakone Tozan Railway to Gora Station, then transfer to Cable Car to Nakagora Station, and walk for 5 minutes to arriveHakone Gora Yu no Su.
Hotel Indigo Hakone Gora
Hotel Indigo Hakone Gora is a member of another large hotel brand IHG Hotels & Resorts. In addition to the Indigo brand, it also has famous brands such as Holiday Inn and Intercontinental. The advantage of choosing Hotel Indigo Hakone Gora is that you don't have to worry about the service quality of the hotel. You only need to arrange your vacation with the hotel staff, and you can have a good vacation.
Features of Hotel Indigo Hakone Gora
- Modern design style, let you experience a different Hakone
- All rooms have exclusive mountain/river view
- You can have your own private bath in your room
- The room types are mainly double rooms, suitable for couples
- The hotel has a fitness center and a swimming pool, allowing you to have a different staying experience
Guest Comments: "For couples, Hotel Indigo Hakone Gora is a good choice, because the hotel staff are very friendly and fluent in English, and the hotel should be built recently, there is no old and untidy feeling .In addition, you can play with dogs in this hotel. If you like dogs, you can try this hotel.”
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Hotel Indigo Hakone Gora
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 / 11:00
Address: Hakone-Machi Ashigarashimo Gun 924, 1 Kiga Hakone-cho Kanagawa Prefecture 250-0402
Transportation: After arriving at Gora Station, transfer to the Gora shuttle bus to Miyagi Nobashi Station, get off and walk for 2 minutes to arriveHotel Indigo Hakone Gora.
There are so many types of hot spring hotels in Hakone. If you really want to count them carefully, there are actually more than 100 that are worth introducing. Some of the room rates can be as high as 100,000 yen per night. In addition to exclusive private baths, dinners are prepared by famous chefs. It is definitely a travel experience that will allow you to relive for years.
If you are also interested in other hot spring hotels, you can also leave a message to tell us, maybe we can arrange more reservation discounts for you!
More Mt. Fuji Hakone travel information
Mount Fuji area
Mount Fuji hot spring hotel recommendation》A hot spring hotel room with a private bath and an exclusive view of Mount Fuji!
Bus route instruction to Mt. Fuji Kawaguchiko Station!
JR train from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko Station? The first choice for railway fans
Fuji-Hakone Pass purchase discounts, itinerary planning sharing
How to plan the itinerary of Lake Kawaguchi? AttractionsTransportationFood InformationInformationOverview
The Flower Sea in front of Mt. Fuji Lake Kawaguchi》Annual Lavender Festival
Recommended Hakone Onsen Hotels》A list of high-end hot spring hotels with private baths!
How to plan your trip to Hakone? Hakone Attraction Transportation Itinerary Sharing!
Fuji-Hakone Pass purchase discounts, itinerary planning sharing
Hakone Yumoto Attractions, hot spring hotel selection near the station
More travel information:
Tokyo|Kyoto|Hokkaido|Climbing Mt.Fuji|Hakone|Lake Kawaguchi | Tips for Traveling in Japan | Japan Hotel Deals