Choose an onsen accommodation in Hakone and enjoy the highest level of ryokan service!
When traveling to Hakone, of course you cannot miss the opportunity to stay in a hot spring hotel!
Hakone is a hot spring town. It is not only a popular tourist attraction for overseas tourists, but also a place that Japanese local people will definitely go to every year during their holidays! Many Japanese families will spend a sum of money to go to hot spring hotels with their families at the end of the year.
Although the charges for those high-end hot spring hotels cost almost half a month’s salary if the family went together, the local Japanese still go there once a year, and they will praise: it’s worth it!
Features of Hakone Onsen
If it is your first time to experience hot springs in Hakone, do you know the characteristics of Hakone hot springs?
First of all, Hakone is a traditional hot spring area, as early as many years ago, the Japanese had the habit of visiting Hakone to enjoy hot springs. It may be an exaggeration to say that basically anywhere in Hakone, in any corner, you can have the opportunity to see hot springs. And because Hakone Onsen has a history of many years, when you travel in Hakone, you will see many very historic hot spring hotels, and many of them are hot spring hotels that provide high-end hot spring experiences and private baths.
Choice of Hakone Onsen
However, because there are so many choices of hot spring hotels in Hakone, this article will recommend some accommodations that provide hot spring experience in Hakone for you. In addition to affordable hot spring accommodation options, there are also accommodation plans that offer high-end hot spring hotels.
Whether you are on a limited budget and simply want to experience a hot spring hotel, or you want to spend your big day in a high-end hot spring hotel, enjoy a traditional, high-end Japanese hot spring hotel experience with your most important person. There are several hot spring hotels recommended below, I believe there will always be one that suits your travel plan!
Be able to cooperate with the itinerary planning of Hakone Onsen
In addition to staying at a hot spring hotel in Hakone, Hakone is actually a very suitable place to spend a day visiting. Especially in the Hakone area, various special means of transportation, art galleries, cruise ships, etc., allow you to experience different scenery of the Hakone area from different angles.
As long as you purchase one before departureHakone Freepass, and view theFuji Hakone Tourist Information CategoryYou can master the transportation arrangements, scenic spot planning, and various preferential information in the entire Hakone area by using the articles in the Hakone area. In addition, if you have enough time to go to Mount Fuji at the same time, we will recommend you to buy oneMt. Fuji – Hakone Area 3-Day Tour Pass, so that you can save more transportation costs, so that you can experience hot spring hotels in two different areas of Hakone and Kawaguchiko within the same itinerary.
Enjoy the whole of Hakone & hot springs with one set ticket!
[Best Offer] Hakone Area 3-Day Tour Pass
The best choice to save transportation expenses!
How to choose hot spring hotels in Hakone Gora, Hakone Yumoto and other areas?
In the entire Hakone area, hot spring hotels are mainly located in Hakone Gora and Hakone Yumoto. There are more than ten hot spring hotels on each side that can be booked.
However, for you who come to Hakone to experience hot springs for the first time, you may have the same question, that is, "When booking a Hakone hot spring hotel, should I book Hakone Gora or Hakone Yumoto?"
To put it simply, the hot spring hotels in Hakone Gora and the hot spring hotels in Zine Yumoto have their own characteristics. You can decide where to stay in Hakone according to your Hakone itinerary.
Decide where to stay based on your Hakone itinerary
For example, if you come to Hakone this time, it is mainly to experience the hot springs, and you will not plan to visit other attractions in Hakone. If you choose a hot spring hotel in Hakone Yumoto, you can check into the hot spring hotel immediately after arriving in Hakone, instead of taking another 30 minutes to go to Hakone Gora by transportation.
However, if you plan to visit the entire Hakone area, it will be more convenient to choose a hot spring hotel in Hakone Gora. Because Hakone Gora Station is the connecting point of transportation for various Hakone attractions, staying at a hotel in Hakone Gora will make it easier to go to different attractions. In addition, the restaurants and shops in Hakone Gora have longer business hours, and it is equally convenient even if you need to make up for things at night.
Decide where to stay from Hakone Transportation
Since Hakone Yumoto and Hakone Gora are in two different areas of Hakone, it will take a little time to travel from Hakone Yumoto to Hakone Gora.
If you need to drag your suitcase to Hakone, you can consider using itLuggage Transfer Service at Hakone Station, or choose to book a hot spring hotel in Hakone Yumoto, so that you don’t need to drag a heavy suitcase to take the Hakone Tozan Tram. However, if you already have a hotel in Tokyo to store your luggage for you, you might consider booking an onsen hotel in the Hakone Gora area. Even if you need to take the Hakone long-distance bus, you don't have to worry about being in the narrow compartment.
Selected Hakone Onsen Ryokans with Private Baths
As some Japanese have said, since you spend money to enjoy hot springs in Hakone, of course you should choose some high-end hot spring hotels. And it is best to stay in some hot spring hotels with private baths, and enjoy a rare hot spring tourism experience with your most important people.
The following three are hot spring hotels with traditional design and high-end services. They all have rooms with private baths that can be booked, so that you can enjoy the hot spring experience in your own exclusive space without being influenced by other people.
- Hakone Lake Ashino Hanori
- Hakone Setsugekka Onsen Hotel
- Ten Yu Inn Hakone Kowakien
And more importantly, the locations of these 3 hot spring hotels are very close to the station, with convenient transportation, so you don’t have to worry about finding them.
Hakone Ashinoko Hanori Hotel, managed by ORIX Group, is a hot spring hotel with modern design and hot spring experience. It is also a very popular Hakone hot spring hotel choice in recent years.
Although some reviews think that Hakone Lake Ashinoko is a bit far from Hakone Yumoto Station, in fact the hotel is only a 2-minute walk from the station. Moreover, being able to stay in a high-quality hot spring hotel at a relatively favorable price is also a good choice for some itineraries with a low accommodation budget.
- Managed by ORIX, a large hot spring hotel brand, the service quality is guaranteed
- Convenient transportation, only 2 minutes walk from Togendai station
- Some rooms have a private open-air bath
- View of Lake Ashi from the room
- Double room size up to 47 square meters
- Discounted room rates, suitable accommodation for families and couples traveling
Guest Comments: "If you haven't stayed in Hakone Ashinoko Hanori Hotel, I would recommend you to try it once. Because we can stay in a room with a lake view this time, and we can also enjoy the The hot spring. The most important thing is that the room rate is not too high, and the service of the staff is also very good. It is worth staying again when you travel to Hakone next time.”
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Make a reservation at Hakone Lake Ashinoko Hanori
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 19:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0522 160 Motohakone Togendai, Hakone Town, Ashigara Shimo-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Take the Hakone Tozan Bus Station to Togendai Station, get off and walk for about 5 minutesHakone Lake Ashino Hanori
Hakone Ki no Yu Setsugekka is definitely the first choice for family tourists, because the transportation is very convenient, only 1 minute walk from Hakone Gora Station. In addition, Hakone Ki no Yu Setsugekka is located in the center of Hakone City, so you don't have to worry about the situation when the store is closed when you need to buy something.
- Located in the center of Hakone, the transportation is very convenient, and it is easy to go to any scenic spot in Hakone
- Very close to Gora Station, just get off at Gora Station, don't be afraid to walk for a long time
- Fully equipped, Japanese-Western room with private hot spring
- Can enjoy Japanese dinner, hot spring set meal limited experience
- Hot spring hotel suitable for family stay
Guest Comments: "The Japanese room is suitable for bringing children. The location is one minute walk from the exit of Gora Station. The Japanese room is suitable for bringing babies (especially suitable for crawling or learning to walk)."
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Hakone Kitinoyu Setsugekka Onsen
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 22:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0408 1300-19 Gora, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Get off at Gora Station on the Hakone Tozan Railway and walk for about 1 minute
Xiaoyongyuan Tianyou Hotel is another hot spring hotel that provides private baths. The rooms are designed in a combination of Western and Japanese styles. In addition, each room can have an independent landscape, so that you can stay in the room to watch the beautiful scenery and spend an afternoon quietly.
- The room is equipped with a private bath, allowing you to occupy your private space and enjoy the hot spring experience while enjoying the beautiful scenery.
- Ten Yu Inn Hakone KowakienThe location is away from the masses so you can enjoy your holiday in peace.
- Hakone Kowakien Tenyu Hotel has 3 large baths, one of which is an outdoor bath.
- In addition to the hot spring experience, you can also participate in traditional experience activities led by the staff in the museum.
Guest comments: "The best view and room facilities! The hot spring hotel has exclusive natural beauty, fresh air, and a private garden surrounded by woods. In addition, because all rooms are equipped with bathtubs on the balcony, you can enjoy a hot bath, While enjoying the beautiful scenery. Although the hot spring hotel is a bit far from the station, they arranged a special vehicle to pick us up, which is very convenient!"
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Ten Yu Inn Hakone Kowakien
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 22:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0407 1297 Ninoping, Hakone Town, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Get off at Gora Station on the Hakone Tozan Railway and transfer to the exclusive transportation for guests arranged by Hakone Kowakien Tenyu Hotel (clickInquire about transportation transfer methods)
Let Tokyo travel itinerary become more convenient!
[Best Offer] Tokyo City Area – Airport Luggage Delivery Service
The first choice to avoid the subway crowds!
8 Best Onsen Ryokans in Hakone Yumoto Station
Who is suitable for booking a hot spring hotel near Hakone-Yumoto Station? If you don't plan to visit other attractions in Hakone, but just want to enjoy the hot spring experience in Hakone, buy some souvenirs, and then return to Tokyo soon, a hot spring hotel in Hakone Yumoto is the most suitable choice for you.
Features of Hakone Yumoto Onsen Ryokan
- Suitable for family tourists, convenient transportation
- The room prices are generally more affordable, and the budget is not a problem
- Most of the hot spring hotel rooms are designed in western modern style
- The transportation linking Hakone to Shinjuku is very convenient. It takes about 1 hour to take the Romance Express to Hakone directly
- Most hot spring hotels can be reached on foot
The 8 hot spring hotels to be introduced below all have different characteristics, some of which are suitable for family travelers, and are affordable choices. There are also some more advanced ones, which are suitable for spending with your most important people on some important festivals
In addition, some of them are more modern in design. If you want to go to some different hot spring hotels, these are the best choices for you!
Affordable Hakone Onsen Ryokan
- It is very close to Hakone Yumoto Station, about 5 minutes walk from the station
- It is a cost-effective hot spring hotel in Hakone Yumoto
- As long as you return to Hakone Yumoto Station, there will be a large number of shops and restaurants, whether it is shopping or buying souvenirs, it is very convenient
- The convenience store is just 200 meters away from the hot spring hotel
- Public bathing facilities are complete, including open-air hot springs, indoor public baths, and independent soup houses
- Onsen hotel for family travel
- Breakfast is available in buffet style, Western style, and Japanese style, suitable for different tastes
Guest Comments: "The location is very good. If you come with the elderly at home, you don't have to worry about it even if it's cold, because it's very close to the station! In addition, the service attitude of the staff is very friendly. It's worth visiting again!"
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Hakone Yumoto Fujiya Onsen Hotel
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0392 256-1 Yumoto, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Take the Romance Express Train to Hakone Yumoto Station and walk for 5 minutes.
- Another hotel that can be walked from Hakone-Yumoto Station, about 12 minutes
- If you don’t want to walk there, you can also take the local circulation bus line from Hakone-Yumoto Station
- The accommodation plan can choose to provide one stay, two meals, and enjoy different Japanese and Western cuisines in a self-service style
- Hakone Yumoto Tensei GardenThere is a convenience store in the museum, so you can buy things without leaving home
- Breakfast options are Western or Japanese, suitable for everyone's taste
- The outdoor wind room has a beautiful environment, you can lie in it and watch the stars
Guest Comments: "The open-air hot spring on the top floor is definitely the reason why I booked a room immediately, because I can feel at one with nature in this hotel! It is worth mentioning that this hotel provides free bathrobes, which provide a lot of Traditional hot spring hotel experience!"
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Hakone Yumoto Tenseien Onsen Hotel
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 / 10:00
Address: 〒250-0311 682 Yumoto, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Take the Romance Express Train, arrive at Hakone Yumoto Station, then transfer to a shuttle bus to arrive at Hakone Yumoto Station
- You can take an exclusive shuttle bus from Hakone-Yumoto StationHakone Yumoto Onsen Yaeikan, just 3 minutes
- If you like traditional hot spring hotels,Yaeikandefinitely worth considering
- In-room dining is optional for a ryokan experience
- Superior Japanese-style room with beautiful river view from the room
Guest comments: "If you haven't been there, you won't know how great this traditional hot spring hotel is! From food, room arrangements, to hot springs, and views, it exceeds expectations when booking a room! Moreover, the hotel staff can speak multiple languages, completely Break my impression that Japanese people only speak Japanese."
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Hakone Yumoto Onsen Hotel Yaeikan
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 19:00 / 10:00
Address: 〒250-0311 484 Yumoto, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Take the Romance Express Train, arrive at Hakone Yumoto Station and walk for 5 minutes.
One ticket, unlimited travel throughout Japan!
[Best Deal] JR Pass All Japan Rail Pass
A must-have ticket for a long-distance trip to Japan!
High-end luxury hot spring hotel selection
High-end luxury hot spring hotel options are: Kashikaso Hakone Onsen Hotel,Sara of the moon,Suimeizhuang Hot Spring Hotel. Let you experience the most traditional Japanese hot spring hotel service, and enjoy this special vacation with your most important person in the best place!
- Traditional high-end hot spring hotel, suitable for guests who pursue travel experience
- Some rooms have private baths, you can enjoy hot spring time at any time
- Not far from Hakone Yumoto Station, only about 10 minutes walk
- Convenient for shopping, there are plenty of shops when you return to Hakone-Yumoto Station
- You can check in from Tokyo without additional transfers, and it is suitable for travelers whose main goal is to enjoy hot springs
- Provide free Japanese yukata rental, the perfect experience of traditional Japanese inn
Guest Comments: "This is the first time I experienced a hot spring hotel with my wife. Because it is very close to the station and there are different types of shops nearby, I didn't expect her to like it very much. Especially the private bath, the privacy is very high, novices without much experience Don’t worry too much. Generally speaking, if you can make your wife happy, it’s a place worth visiting again.”
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Kashikaso Traditional Japanese Onsen Ryokan
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 18:00 / 10:00
Address: 〒250-0311 688 Yumoto, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Take the Romance Express train from Shinjuku, Tokyo to Hakone Yumoto Station and walk for 5 minutes.
- Sara of the moonOne of the few newly built Hakone hot spring hotels
- Combined with modern management, provide different hot spring accommodation options
- The hotel attaches great importance to guest experience, if you check in on an important day, you can make a special request in advance
- Breakfast and dinner are mainly high-end Japanese cuisine, providing you with the best hot spring hotel experience
- There are 3 baths in the hotel, and all rooms have private baths, so that you will not miss any opportunity to enjoy the hot springs
- Convenient transportation, suitable for family travel, only 11 minutes walk from Hakone-Yumoto Station
Guest Comments: "The reason for choosing Tsuki no Yado Sara is not only because it is a newly completed hotel, but also because it is very close to Hakone-Yumoto Station, because I don't plan to visit the whole of Hakone, it is just a short ride from Tokyo You can stay. In Tsuki no Yado Sara, in addition to using the large public bath, you can also enjoy a private bath with your family. It is really an unforgettable experience.”
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Tsuki no Yado Sara Hakone Yumoto Onsen Hotel
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 19:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0311 588-1 Yumoto, Hakone Town, Ashigarashita-gun, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Take the romantic express train from Tokyo to Hakone-Yumoto Station, and walk for 11 minutes after arriving
- The rooms are mainly traditional Japanese-style rooms, and you must not miss it if you love Japanese rooms
- Some rooms are equipped with private baths, allowing you to enjoy hot springs in the highest degree of privacy
- Very close to Hakone-Yumoto Station, just 2 minutes on foot
- Suitable for family travel, even if you bring children with you, there is no problem
Guest Comments: "Suimeizhuang is a hot spring hotel that deserves to be known by more people! In addition to the friendly staff, the hot springs are also very high-quality, and the dinners are also very rich. For me who went to enjoy the hot springs for the first time, it was a must. Very good experience!"
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Reserve Suimeiso Premium Onsen Ryokan
Check-In/Check-Out: 14:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0311 702 Yumoto, Hakone Town, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: Take the Romance Express Train from Tokyo to Hakone-Yumoto Station and walk for 1 minute
Visit Tokyo's main attractions with a single ticket!
[Best Offer] Klook Greater Tokyo Attractions Pass
A must-have ticket for your Tokyo travel itinerary!
Hot spring hotel with modern design style
Who said that hot spring hotels must follow the traditional style? In fact, the new modern design is the same and many people support it, just like the two hot spring hotels to be introduced below as examples,Laforet Club Hakone Gora Yunosum Laforet Club Hakone Gora Yunosumika,Hotel Indigo Hakone Gora, the location of the hotel is near Gora Station. If you are traveling to Hakone and plan to visit different attractions in Hakone in addition to experiencing hot springs, these two are good choices for you.
It is very convenient to go to Hakone Gora Park, Sculpture Forest Art Museum, and Hakone Art Museum from these two hotels. Coupled with the modern design style of the hotel, you can get the experience of literary youth x traditional hot spring hotel.
Laforet Club is one of the members of large Japanese hotel brands. Its sister brands include Marroitt and Coutryard, which are the brand names of some famous 5-star hotels. It also means stayingLaforet Club Hakone Gora YunosumikaIt can guarantee the highest level of accommodation experience, so that you can enjoy the most perfect vacation.
- The hotel is designed in a modern style, suitable for staying on important anniversaries
- The room area ranges from 35㎡ to 86㎡, which is absolutely suitable for couples or family travelers
- All rooms have a private bath
- In addition to private baths, the hotel also has open-air baths to experience
- Breakfast and dinner are mixed in Japanese and Western styles, it is definitely worth booking at the same time when booking the room
Guest Review: "FavoriteLaforet Club Hakone Gora YunosumikaThe good thing is that the rooms are very large, and the combination of Japanese/Western style makes people feel very comfortable. The English level of the staff is very good, breaking the imagination of Japanese people who do not speak English. In addition, the quality of food is at the level of traditional hot spring hotels. if you want to be rightLaforet Club Hakone Gora YunosumikaIt's a pity that I didn't book a few more nights to stay! "
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Reservation La Frey Club Hakone Gora Yunosu
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 – 19:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0408 1320 Gora, Hakone-cho, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: From Tokyo, take the Romance Express to Hakone Yumoto Station, then transfer to Hakone Tozan Railway to Gora Station, then transfer to Cable Car to Nakagora Station, and walk for 5 minutes to arriveHakone Gora Yu no Su.
Hotel Indigo Hakone Gora is a member of another large hotel brand IHG Hotels & Resorts. In addition to the Indigo brand, it also has famous brands such as Holiday Inn and Intercontinental. chooseHotel Indigo Hakone GoraThe advantage of this hotel is that you don't have to worry about the service quality of the hotel, you only need to leave your vacation to the hotel staff to arrange, and then you can enjoy your vacation.
- Modern design style, let you experience a different Hakone
- All rooms have exclusive mountain/river view
- You can have your own private bath in your room
- The room types are mainly double rooms, suitable for couples
- The hotel has a fitness center and a swimming pool, allowing you to have a different staying experience
Guest Comments: "For couples, Hotel Indigo Hakone Gora is a good choice, because the hotel staff are very friendly and fluent in English, and the hotel should be built recently, there is no old and untidy feeling .In addition, you can play with dogs in this hotel. If you like dogs, you can try this hotel.”
Check Prices and Discount Offer: Book Hotel Indigo Hakone Gora
Check-In/Check-Out: 15:00 / 11:00
Address: 〒250-0402 924-1 Kiga, Hakone-machi, Ashigarashita-gun, Kanagawa Prefecture
Transportation: After arriving at Gora Station, transfer to the Gora shuttle bus to Miyagi Nobashi Station, get off and walk for 2 minutes to arriveHotel Indigo Hakone Gora.
There are so many types of hot spring hotels in Hakone. If you really want to count them carefully, there are actually more than 100 that are worth introducing. Some of the room rates can be as high as 100,000 yen per night. In addition to exclusive private baths, dinners are prepared by famous chefs. It is definitely a travel experience that will allow you to relive for years.
If you are also interested in other hot spring hotels, you can also leave a message to tell us, maybe we can arrange more reservation discounts for you!
More Mt. Fuji and Hakone travel information
Mount Fuji area
Mount Fuji hot spring hotel recommendation: Hotel Room with Hot Spring, Private Bath and Exclusive View on Mount Fuji!
Bus Route Guide to Mount Fuji Kawaguchiko Station!
JR train from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko Station? The first choice for railway fans
Fuji-Hakone Pass purchase discounts, itinerary planning sharing
How to plan the itinerary of Lake Kawaguchi? Attractions, Transportation, Food and Overview
The Flower Sea in front of Mt. Fuji Lake Kawaguchi》Annual Lavender Festival
Recommended Hakone Onsen Hotels》A list of high-end hot spring hotels with private baths!
How to plan your trip to Hakone? Hakone Attraction Transportation Itinerary Sharing!
Fuji-Hakone Pass purchase discounts, itinerary planning sharing
Hakone Yumoto Attractions, hot spring hotel selection near the station